12-Lead EKG Confidence, Third Edition A Step-By-Step Guide
Author: Jacqueline M. Green MS,RN,APN, NE-BC, Anthony J. Chiaramida MD, FACC
New to the Third Edition:
- Expanded Arrhythmia section with twice as many practice EKGs
- Revised Worksheet design offers larger 12-lead EKG printouts for readability
- More practice worksheets and case studies
- Additional 12-Lead EKGs in digital folder for extra practice
This handy, step-by-step guide for medical and nursing students and novice practitioners delivers ample information for confidently interpreting 12-lead EKGS. It goes beyond the many EKG books that rely on rote memorization by actively engaging students in the learning process. The guide fosters the understanding needed for students to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the variety of rhythm strips involved with 12-lead EKGs, and provides a solid grounding in the clinical relevance of dysrhythmias. This third edition features an expanded section on arrhythmias with double the amount of EKGs for practice, a revised worksheet design with larger 12-lead EKG printouts for readability, more practice worksheets and case studies, and additional 12-Lead EKGs in a digital folder for extra practice.
Written clearly while avoiding a simplistic approach, the guide features a step-by-step progression that enables self-paced study. It presents basic principles of anatomy and physiology, including a review of the heart’s electrical system, followed by foundational EKG concepts. The segment featuring the 12-Lead EKG rhythm strip is enlarged to ensure students can view the appropriate lead while seeing the entire strip. The guide discusses clinical reasoning for each type of rhythm and includes actual EKGs at the end of each chapter to test comprehension. Worksheets in each chapter include guidelines for interpreting actual EKG printouts and require students to practice measurement, evaluation, and analysis of rhythms and develop improved diagnostic reasoning skills. Case examples, Critical Concept Boxes, and tables highlight important points within the text.
- Facilitates step-by-step, self-paced learning
- Organizes EKG changes by causative abnormality
- Teaches clinical reasoning for each type of rhythm
- Includes plentiful worksheets for practicing measurement, evaluating and analyzing rhythms, and honing diagnostic reasoning skills
- Offers actual EKGs at the end of each chapter
A Med School survivor. Made it through terrible tests, fatal exams, dreadful vivas, clueless OSCEs and currently surviving hospital rotations. Brain function drops to 0.2% during rounds but still able to maintain my sanity.